Calgary International Film Festival
September 19 marks the beginning of an exciting 11-day celebration of film, transforming the way visual stories are shared and experienced.
From September 19-29, the Calgary International Film Festival (CIFF) will showcase over 200 multi-genre films from Canada and other countries. From gala events and screenings to award ceremonies and special presentations, CIFF is an event not to be missed.
How to CIFF
Read the guide to the Calgary International Film Festival from local blogger, Mr. Fab.
Events to Attend
Put on that suit and tie, or that dress that's been hanging in your closet, just waiting to be worn. This year's CIFF brings Red, Green and Black Carpet events:
- Thursday, September 19 at The Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
Red Carpet Opening Gala featuring The Grand Seduction
- Monday, September 23 at Eau Claire Market
Green Carpet Gala featuring The Last Ocean
- Friday, September 27 at Eau Claire Market
Black Carpet Gala featuring eega
Other Red Carpet events:
- Saturday, September 21, 2:30 pm at Eau Claire Market
Featuring Simple Superstar
- Saturday, September 21, 7:00 pm at Globe Cinema
Featuring The Birder
- Saturday, September 21, 9:30 pm at Globe Cinema
Featuring 10 Commandments of Chloe
- Saturday, September 21, 9:30 pm at Eau Claire Market
Featuring That Burning Feeling
- Friday, September 27, 7:00 pm at Globe Cinema
Featuring Common Chord
Experience CIFF Contest
Enter to win the Ultimate Movie Lovers Prize Pack, featuring prizes from CIFF, Big Rock, National on 10th and many more!
Experience 11 days of reel entertainment with over 200 multi-genre films from Canada and over 40 other countries. Check out the full film calendar here.