SEPTEMBER 14 - 18, 2016
One of the world’s most original and eclectic spectacles of art, science and engineering, will erupt this September 14-18 when the fourth annual Beakerhead hits the streets and venues of Calgary, Alberta.
Look for mechanical creatures, multi-story art installations, famous and soon-to-be famous scientists and inventors, and performances by people and machines.
The dose of quirky spectacle that is coming to be associated with this annual five-day event will include more than 65 events, including:
- Station B: The hub and “playground for human ingenuity”.
- A String (Theory) of Incredible Encounters: A sequence of public engineered artworks from 17th Avenue SW, Inglewood, Victoria Park, East Village to Kensington and Downtown Calgary.
- Four-to-Six: Encounters with creative and somewhat nerdy buskers on Stephen Avenue Walk after work and school.
- Engineered Eats: Restaurants across the city delighting you with the science of food.
- Beakernight: A massive street spectacle with rocket ship crane rides, 3D projection musical parties and hands‐on encounters with technology, on the Saturday of Beakerhead.
These cultural encounters with science and engineering are brought to life by more than 150 collaborators. Check beakerhead.com for the full rosters of free and ticketed events.